How to backup all files in a folder except those with a certain extension?
To do this, use a combination of AutoSelect and specific file selection.
This article describes making changes to the registry. If you are uncomfortable doing that, please don't do it.
After you have already installed the endpoint software
Use this procedure if you have already installed the Client software and want to change the way it works.
1. Start REGEDIT to edit the registry.
2. Drill down to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / Software / Quantum Tech, Inc. / Remote Backup / Settings
3. Find the registry key OverrideAS If it isn't there, add it as type String.
4. Change the value of OverrideAS to True (with a capital T)
5. Quit Registry Editor.
6. Checkmark the folder(s) you want to back up with a green checkmark.
7. Turn on AutoSelect
8. Edit the AutoSelect Filter (User Defined Types) to add the file types you want to exclude from the backup, and exclude them with a red X.
9. Clear all file selections in the File Types tab by highlighting all of them and selecting the Clear button.
If you have NOT installed the Client Software, and you want to edit your Client installer so it installs this by default
1) From the RBS Server's Web Console, select Setup: Customize Endpoint Installer
2) Select the 'Backup Sets' tab and the Auto Select Filter subtab.
3) In the sub-tab called 'Auto Select Filter' change the option 'Override AutoSelect?' to Yes.
3) Exclude the file extensions that you want excluded using the filter options in this tab.
4) Apply, and Save your settings. Build new client installer(s).