Complete Endpoint Manual Uninstallation and Reinstall
Use this procedure to manually remove all traces of the Rbackup Endpoint. Normally the Add/Remove Programs should do all of this.
Follow the steps given below
IMPORTANT: If this is an existing Endpoint, take a copy of the backup.mdb file from the Remote Backup folder (usually c:\program files\remote backup\) before following the steps given below.
Now follow the steps below to uninstall the client manually:
Steps for complete uninstall of Endpoint: (Skip the steps which are not applicable in your case and perform the next step)
1. Uninstall the Endpoint (Remote Backup) by going into Control panel->Add/Remove Programs.
2. Delete the folder C:\Program Files\Remote Backup\
3. Delete the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\
4. Go to the folder C:\Program Files\Install Shield Installation Information\
Delete the folder: f0674b40-d8c3-11d3-8c61-00104b1f6cf0
...or search for it and delete it. (This may be a HIDDEN folder)
5. Go to Start->Run. Type in regedit
Go to HKEY_Local Machine->Software->
Delete the whole 'Quantum Tech, inc' branch.
6. Open a command window. Type set
Look for the path for the temp directory. Go to that directory and delete everything in it.
7. Delete the folder \common files\installshiled\engine\6\
Also try the following steps before reinstalling:
1. Open RegEdit.
2. Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
3. Press "r", that should jump you to the vicinity of "rbClient.Connector
There may be a few others. Any other entries here that start with rbclient, rbackup or rbcontrol. should be deleted.
Restart the machine, reinstall the Endpoint using the default Endpoint installer. Reboot the system when prompted.
Replace the saved backup.mdb which was copied from the Remote backup folder, overwriting the empty file that was most recently installed.