Knowledgebase: RBS Server
How do I activate the RBS Evaluation version to Live?
It is always better to uninstall the evaluation version and reinstall the live version. You can always save the accounts, settings, and data to transfer to the new, live version of the software rather than just activating the evaluation version. This article details how to keep your settings from the evaluation version.Follow the steps below to migrate from the evaluation version to the live version.
1) First stop and close the RBS Manager and RBS Server. If the RBS Server is installed as a service, stop it and uninstall it from Services mode.
2) Before you uninstall the Server software, always save a copy of the ÔÇ£rbs.mdbÔÇØ file, which is the Server catalog file to another location before. This file contains all the client info as well as backup transactions. It is the most critical file for the RBS Server. This file is located at \Program Files\RBS Server folder.
3) Unsinstall ÔÇÿRBS ServerÔÇÖ from the Add/Remove Programs menu.
4) Delete the folder ÔÇÿRBS ServerÔÇÖ.
5) Delete the Registry Branch: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Quantum Tech, Inc.
6) Restart your system and Install the live version from the CD you received.
7) After installation, it will prompt you for your Username and Serial Number. They are listed on the invoice you received with the software. The fields are case-sensitive, so make sure you are entering them correctly.
8) After the RBS Server starts, stop and close the RBS Server and copy the saved ÔÇÿrbs.mdbÔÇÖ file back into the RBS Server folder.
9) Restart your RBS Server.
Test your server online using the Online Server Tester: