How to Upgrade the Server and Endpoints
Follow the instructions below to upgrade RBS Server and Endpoints.
1) Go to website, http://portal.remote-backup.com
2) Enter your email address, serial number, and password. (The first password is the serial number.)
3) Select the Software Updates menu and follow instructions.
To upgrade RBS Server::
NOTE:: Upgrading RBS Server will reset the client customization to DEFAULT. Please take a backup of RBS Server folder.
1) Close the RBS Server completely and go to the Task Manager- ->Processes, kill the RBSMgr.exe and RBS.exe if running.
If RBS server is running as a service then go to the command prompt
2) Run the upgrade installer. Reboot the system when prompted.
NOTE:: Right click on the installer and run as administrator
3) Start RBS Server. The upgrade process is complete.
MANUALLY UPGRADING THE ENDPOINTS
On the Endpoint computers, close the Endpoint software. Check Task Manager. Kill rbclient.exe and rbackup.exe if running.
Run the new Endpoint EXE file you created.
Reboot if prompted to do so.
The RBS Web Console (Web Manager) can automatically distbute Endpoint upgrades. See the documentation for instructions.
You can use the RBSUpdate utility to automatically upgrade your Endpoints, if you have installed and configured it. Instructions are in the RBS Serer's Help File.