What is backed up with System State?
The Following are the list of folders included in Rbackup System State backup. By default all the files inside these folders are backed up.
9."%SystemDrive%\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Microsoft Shared\\DAO\\*",
10."%SystemDrive%\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Microsoft Shared\\MSInfo\\*",
11."%SystemDrive%\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Microsoft Shared\\Triedit\\*",
12."%SystemDrive%\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Microsoft Shared\\VGX\\*",
13."%SystemDrive%\\Program Files\\Common Files\\MSSOAP\\Binaries\\*",
14. "%SystemDrive%\\Program Files\\Common Files\\System\\*",
15. full registry
16. %SystemRoot% - C:\Windows or C:\Winnt, %systemdrive% - usually C:\
When using NTBackup to back up system state, it backs up:
1. Active Directory (if present.) This is not included in the RBackup System State, but a seperate backup of Active Directory can be performed.
2. Boot Files - RBackup System State backs up most of the files that are backed up by NTbackup in Boot Files. For comparision refer to the above list of files and a restore of NTbackup to an alternate location.
3. Com + class Registration Database, Registry - registry files. RBackup system state backs up all registry files.
4. SYSVOL - RBackup system state doesn't backup any of the system scripts or any files that are included in this. Usually these files are backed up from %SystemRoot%\\sysvol.
NtBackup System State can be restored to an alternate location so that you can compare the files backed up with RBackup system state listed above.