You can force the RBS Server to use a different IP address. Please follow the steps given below:
1. Close the RBS Server completely and go to the Task Manager- ->Processes, End RBSMgr.exe, RBS.exe and ENotify.exe if running.
If RBS server is running as a service then go to the command prompt at C:/Program Files/RBS Server/
Type RBS /u
This will remove the RBS server from service mode.
2. Go to the the registry window and navigate to the path given below :
For 32-bit machine
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Quantum Tech, Inc.\RBSServer\Settings:
For 64-bit machine
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Quantum Tech, Inc.\RBSServer\Settings:
3. On the right pane, click on the empty space and create a new string value.
"gPublicOverride" - REG_SZ - xx.xx.xxx.xx
(Where xx.xxx.xx.xx is the Public IP address).
4. Under the RBS Server folder, delete the rbspuid.rma and rbspuid0.rma files.
NOTE : These are hidden system files. So, make sure under Explorer options, Tools? Folder Options: View tab, "Show hidden files/folders" is selected, and also uncheck the 'Hide protected operating system files' option).
5. Restart the RBS Server and test it. If it works OK, switch it back to service mode.
6. To run RBS Server in Service mode, Go to Tools--Properties. Under "Manager preferences", check the service mode option. Say "Yes" to both the Pop up messages. Click on Apply and OK on Properties window.
7. Now close RBS Server. On the RBS Manager window go to File-->Exit.
8. Go to the Windows Services panel and start RBS Server service.
9. Restart RBS Server.