Knowledgebase: RBS Client
Performing disaster recovery for Exchange Server
Performing disaster recovery for Exchange Server:|
It is important that the new server has the same hardware, same version of the operating system and Windows folder and disk layout. The following link has more information on these requirements
1. Perform disaster recovery of the Remote Backup software with your username, password and the encryption key or the key file.
2. Install Active Directory. It is required that you use the same domain name and the DNS Server settings.
3. Restore System State. Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
4. Restart the computer in Directory Services Repair Mode. Now restore Active Directory.
5. Restart the server in normal mode and install Exchange Server. Apply service packs and all security patches. It is important that you use all the same settings as before.
6. Restore Exchange Mailboxes, Public Folders and Address Lists.